Monday, March 19, 2007

Infectious Ideas

I was hesitant to create a blog.

Than I hesitated some more.

Than, I figured, I have to much to say as I read, hear and confront Ideas that are both crippled and crippling. Infectious ideas that find their ways into the Public Mind, thriving insidiously on our inability to understand the complexity that lays only one step over the barely visible line just beyond which thinking is required.

If you do not get what I mean, than just take a magazine off the self at any of the temples of consumerism, and compare them to any issue of Scientific American or any of the specialized Scientific Magazine and Journals.

This blog is about explaining those ideas that sound catchy, almost trivial but hide behind the wail of the "you knows",the "likes" and assumed triviality: infectious ideas that are misleading, presenting half truths, therefore are often misused for propaganda, personal gain, or just for plain fun to make fool of those who had not time to protect themselves with decades of education, do not have the privilege to practice mental acrobatics according the the rigorous rules of Science and Peer Review or just do not have enough time at hand to research nad understand the background thoroughly.

I am aware of the fact that any Jack of All Trade is essentially Jack of No Trade, but even if I do not know "everything", I know enough to know when I do not know something. One does not need to lay eggs to tell which egg is the rotten one. That sets the limits on one side, and Integrity should mark the border on the other. Simple, is it not?
We will see.

No comments: